From the minute I entered my brother’s place, I had to endure really mean looks from my niece. I was a stranger whom she didn’t approve of. Not one to sit quiet, she would let out loud screeches whenever she found me doing things she didn’t like.
Like talking to her parents. Or even mine, for that matter. I tried complaining to my brother and sister in law, they responded with a very logical ‘She will be clingy, she is only one year old’ to me.
Well, can’t argue that. She is too young to be reasoned. And yes, I was invading her territory. And errrrr….my son was playing with her toys.
That’s too much to take in for anyone, let alone an year old baby.
So, after a failed attempt of winning her through love and patience, I resorted to the next best method. Bribing.
Nutella, at first. And then chocolate brownies. And behold…I am her favorite aunt now.
Note down the recipe, if you have a child or even adult to win over.
Recipe Source: My Diverse Kitchen
- All purpose Flour : 1 1/2 cups
- Sugar : 1 cup
- Cocoa : 1/2 cup
- Baking Soda : 1 tsp
- Egg : 1
- Sour milk/Butter milk : 3/4 cup
- Butter : 1 stick (about 115 gms)
- Vanilla Extract : 1 tsp
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 13 X 9 pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a big bowl. Add the egg (I followed Aparna’s method of substituting it with a spoon of baking powder). Add in everything and beat well with a hand mixer. I had doubled the recipe and used a really large bowl for mixing.
- Pour into the greased tray and bake for 20-25 minutes, checking with a skewer towards the end, Take off the oven when the skewer comes out with a few dry crumbs attached to it. Once its cool, cut into small squares and top with ice cream and serve.