Come Wednesday and I realized that my camera was missing.
We shifted to a new apartment two weeks back and now life is all in boxes and suitcases since we didn’t do any woodwork. With great difficulty, I have managed to make the place in habitable state and contain all the mess in one of the bedrooms.
The most beautiful spot in the house is the balcony, though we ended up spending more time in the bathrooms. Reason – the bathroom latch. It just won’t open from inside!
The day here starts with me or hubby asking the other with ‘Do you have any idea where —– is?’. And the confident reply would be : ‘Oh, its there in one of the boxes.’
- Basmati Rice : 1 cup
- Garlic pods : 8 – 10
- Green Peas : 1/2 cup
- Capsicum : 1/2 of a small one
- Red Chilies : 2
- Ghee : 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
- Bay leaves : 1 -2, optional
- Salt and Pepper : per taste
- Wash and clean the rice till the water runs clean. Soak and keep aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Peel and mince the garlic. Chop the capsicum into fine pieces.
- Heat one tsp of ghee in a kadai. Drain the rice and saute it for a minute. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining ghee and add the cumin seeds, red chilies and bay leaf. Once its done spluttering, add the minced garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add the green peas, capsicum, salt and pepper, and saute for another 2 minutes. Take off the heat and mix with the rice.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and microwave for 10-12 minutes or till the rice is done.
- Serve with dal, yogurt and a pickle.
Linked to: Blog Hop Wednesdays