The elephant is up there, because he is tired and wants to have a sip from the lassi.
Or so my son says.
I am too tired to say anything more. Its because of eating all the delicacies here than cooking them.
So for a change, I am keeping my mouth shut and presenting the Punjabi Thali, as part of Blogging Marathon 15.
Enjoy the spread!
*Scroll down for recipe
- Vegetable dishes
- Paneer (Tofu, actually)Butter Masala : Paneer cooked in a rich onion-tomato gravy
- Dal Tadka* : Moong dal tempered with jeera and red chilies. Simple, yet heavenly
- Rajma Masala : Red kidney beans in onion tomato gravy. Comfort food, when had with plain rice.
- Jeera Rice with Cashews and Almonds : Rice cooked with cumin seeds, almonds and cashews
- Onion Paratha : Ready made, shame on me :D
Ingredients for Dal Tadka:
- Moong dal : 1 cup, cooked
- Ghee/oil : 1 tsp
- Jeera (Cumin seeds) : 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilies : 1
- Hing : a pinch
- Mash the cooked moong dal. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee or oil in a kadai. Add the jeera seeds and red chilies. Add a pinch of hing too.
- Add the dal and required amount of salt and let it come to a boil.
- Take off the heat and serve hot with rice or roti.
- Blogging Marathon #15, under Indian Thali theme
- Indian Thali Mela
21 thoughts on “Punjabi Thali”
I did your dal tadka as I created a mini Thali for the Blog Hop – so simple and yum – http://gourmetglobal.blogspot.com/2012/10/mini-punjabi-thali.html
This thali looks lovely too.
Haha,can unedrstand the’elephant’ situation.Lil one does that oftenand most of thetime I just let it be inthe pic…The thali is absolutely amazing.GReat job and excellent click….
Awesome Thali! The elephant makes it even more picturesque.
I am loving it. Kudos to your effort.
What a bummer…I look forward to reading your write-up …and today you just didn’t chose to write. Felt like kicking you with that elephant. But got a super visual treat from the spread. Looks awesome. So I’m sparing you today.
Beautiful spread. Loved all the dishes….
Wonderful spread,makes me drool….nice presentation with tempting clicks…
aw…now you can actually make out that my hands n mind were not working with all the typos!!
believe me…my mind stopped working..my hands were still…and I am scratching my head…cant think what to write…..vey vey well done!!…the whole spread is amazing….and the green paper..it looks like hand made paper to me…has brought the pic to life!
superb clicks and lovely presentation… loved the dahi wada especially :) The green background is a parchment paper ?
Event : Pickles & Preserves Fest + Giveaway
Event : CWS – Oats
Well though I miss your talk, guess I am fine right now drooling over all that dishes spread!..great efforts Rajani and you say you don’t like to cook much!..
what a display..even the stuffed elephant couldn’t resist!
Wow that’s one tummy filling spread you have there. I would be tired to enjoying all the dishes.
Omg, again a super spread, irresistibe dahi vadas..
This looks super tempting…i may turn into that elephant now to grab a bite….
dahi wada win hands down for me on any platter…but here i m confused , awesome spread
Grab Anniversary Giveaway
Yummy !!! That is the only word I have, looks superb, great pics :)
Loved the textured paper background. Nicely done.