I am at my in laws place now. I came two days back, for collecting something from here. Kiddo refused to come back to our place and so me and him stayed back for a couple of days.
And here I am – waking to wholesome breakfasts. And my hubby, 14 kilometers away in our house, is staying alone and facing dry bread/corn flakes to start the day.
My day extends to a scrumptious lunch and an awesome dinner. My MIL is an amazing cook and even an everyday meal is a mini thali here. My poor hubby has to have ordinary canteen food for lunch and a dosa from a nearby tiffin center for dinner.
But I am sure on Friday he would have ordered Pizza. Friday was our Pizza day. We used to buy pizza and slowly graduated to making pizzas at home. Below is one of the blast from the past pizzas.
- All purpose flour : 500 gms
- Yeast : 2 tsp
- Sugar : 1 tsp
- Salt : 1/2 tsp
- Water : lukewarm
- Olive Oil : 1 1/2 tbsp
- Pizza Sauce : 1 cup
- Cheese : 2 cups, approx
- Onion : 1 medium
- Tomato : 1 – 2 medium
- Capsicum (Red/Green/Yellow) : 1 small
- Baby Corn : 2-3
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in 1/4 cup of lukewarm water. Keep aside for 10-15 minutes for the yeast to foam and rise. If it doesn’t form any bubbles, discard it and start again with a fresh batch of yeast.
- Combine the flour, salt and whisk. Mix in the yeast mix, oil, lukewarm water and kneed to form a soft pliable dough. It will take about 8-10 minutes.
- Place it in a greased bowl and set aside until the dough has doubled in size. This might take about an hour or so. A transparent bowl with a rubber band for marking the initial size of dough will be very useful here.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Grease the pizza pan.
- Once the dough has risen, kneed it for a minute or two and then shape it into a circular base. Prick holes all over with a fork randomly.
- Once the oven is heated (approx 15 minutes), bake the base for 5 minutes. Take it out and spread the pizza sauce on it. Add the grated cheese and then the toppings. Go easy on the toppings, since too much of it make the pizza heavy. Top with cheese again.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and the base looks cooked.
- The above quantity will give around 3 -4 medium pizzas, depending on the thickness.
- Blogging Marathon #15, Cook by Alphabets theme – letter V
- I Love Baking
- Bake Fest, hosted this month @ Sumee’s Culinary