I believe that sometimes ignorance is a bliss. Life is really uncomplicated and things just happen without you being affected by it.
I was sitting on the floor and reading something, when the wall I was leaning on, gave a small shake. All I thought was, honestly, that it was my tummy growling! It was, after all, past lunch time and I hadn’t had my fill then.
The simple me came out, was about to have my lunch when the phone call from hubby came.
‘I am fine. Are you fine? Is the kiddo fine? Where are you now?’ Non stop questions from the other end.
And my answer was,’My tummy made such a big noise that my whole body shook for a second!’.
That’s the precise moment, when I realized that ignorance, though a bliss, can sound pretty stupid too at times. That is also the precise moment in which ignorance and stupidity, which were protecting me until then, gave way to pure terror.
Thank god, everything was fine. Thank god no one is shedding tears over their life, family or property because of the earthquake.
And thank god, the tremor in my tummy stopped!
For this month’s Blog Hop Wednesday, I am paired with Charul Ajmera of Tadka Masala. I made this addictive MW Chocolate Mug Cake from her space, and by addictive, I mean I have made it four times by now! The cake is moist and tastes divine. I added a spoon more of sugar to suit my taste.
- All purpose Flour : 3 tbsp
- Powdered Sugar : 3 tbsp (+1-2 tsp extra, if you like it really sweet)
- Oil/Melted Butter : 3 tbsp
- Grated chocolate : 3 tbsp (optional)
- Milk : 3 tbsp
- Cocoa Powder : 1 tbsp
- Hide n Seek Biscuits : 1 – 2
- Baking powder : 1/4 tsp
- In a microwave proof cup or bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and cocoa powder. Mix thoroughly to ensure that there are no dry lumps.
- Crush one or two Oreo/Hide n Seek or any chocolate biscuit by hand and add to the flour mix.
- Add the milk, oil and 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence (optional). Mix well to get a smooth cake batter.
- Add a tbsp of grated chocolate on top. Microwave in full power for one minute. Do a skewer test (I used a knife) and if the center is dry, then take off the MW. Else cook for another 30 sec, or until done. Mine was done in the first minute itself.
- Let the cake stand in the MW for a minute and serve with some grated chocolate on top.