All I can think of now, is bears and hybernation. One – I am sleepy right now. Two – this space will go into hibernation for the most of the coming two weeks.
Don’t worry if I come back here anxious, worried and low spirited for the next Blogging Marathon – that would just be the effect of my son’s vacation on me. Its going to be half day school from coming Monday. Its almost like preparing the parents for the impending doom – full day vacation – which starts a week after that. I always have a suspicion that teachers do a jig after the kids leave the school premises on the last working day. Can’t blame them, though!
And so the countdown to keeping myself sane is just less than 15 days. Cannot imagine keeping a five year old engaged for 24 hours a day, for TWO whole months. Oh God! Wish me luck everyone!
Easy meals are going to be part of the menu then. Like this oatmeal here. Cooked in the microwave. But that 2-3 tablespoons of pumpkin purée and a dash of cinnamon and ground ginger, makes all the difference.
Try this whole grain dish for yourself, when you need a change from the usual. Or like in my case, you have a lot of pumpkin purée left over after making those melt in the mouth pancakes.
Recipe Source : Craving Chronicles
- Oats : 1/3 cup
- Pumpkin Puree : 3 tbsp
- Water : 1/4 cup
- Milk : 1/4 cup
- Sugar : 1-2 tbsp (brown, if possible)
- Vanilla Essense : 1/4 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon, ground ginger, ground allspice : a dash of each , optional
- Dry Fruits and nuts : handful
- Mix everything , except the dry fruits, together and microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Mix and microwave for a furthur minute or until the desired consistency is required. Top with raisins, walnuts, dried cranberries and almonds and serve.
- You might have to adjust the liquid propotion a bit to get the preferred consistency. Serves one.