I buy ready made dosa batter. Always.
Initially, I used to bury it under a lot of other stuff when I am picking them up from the supermarket. I always used to feel that the world is accusing me when I pick the packet from the rack.
The magic cure to my guilty feeling was hubby’s happy observation that the stores are always stocked up with the batter. So that makes me not the only one to buy these.
Its a great convenience, er….except when you are careless and end up picking 3 day old batter that is really sour. Now, that is actually something to feel guilty about!
- Leftover dosa batter
- Onion : 1 big, chopped
- Chilies : 2, chopped
- Cashews : 4-5, broken into bits
- Bengal gram : 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves : 4-5
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a kadai and add the cashews and bengal gram. Once they turn golden, add the curry leaves, chopped onion, chilies, salt and turmeric powder.
- Add this to the left over batter and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a frying pan or a tawa and add a ladle full of the batter and spread in a circular motion to get a dosa. Drizzle oil around the edges. Cover and cook for a minute. Flip over and cook for 20 – 30 seconds.
- Serve with coconut chutney.
- Blogging Marathon #14, under ‘Seven Days of Dosa’ theme