I buy ready made dosa batter. Always.
Initially, I used to bury it under a lot of other stuff when I am picking them up from the supermarket. I always used to feel that the world is accusing me when I pick the packet from the rack.
The magic cure to my guilty feeling was hubby’s happy observation that the stores are always stocked up with the batter. So that makes me not the only one to buy these.
Its a great convenience, er….except when you are careless and end up picking 3 day old batter that is really sour. Now, that is actually something to feel guilty about!
So here is another leftover make over dosa. I had been to Srivalli’s Dosa Mela and picked this recipe one from the huge list of choices.
- Leftover dosa batter
- Onion : 1 big, chopped
- Chilies : 2, chopped
- Cashews : 4-5, broken into bits
- Bengal gram : 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves : 4-5
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a kadai and add the cashews and bengal gram. Once they turn golden, add the curry leaves, chopped onion, chilies, salt and turmeric powder.
- Add this to the left over batter and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a frying pan or a tawa and add a ladle full of the batter and spread in a circular motion to get a dosa. Drizzle oil around the edges. Cover and cook for a minute. Flip over and cook for 20 – 30 seconds.
- Serve with coconut chutney.
- Blogging Marathon #14, under ‘Seven Days of Dosa’ theme
19 thoughts on “Leftover Magic”
This what haapens with left over dosa batter at my home too. :)
nice use of leftover batter… am sure the addition of cashewnuts perks up any dish..
loved the Dosa series @ ur blog :)
Event : Holi Fest – Colourful Palette
Event : Bake Fest # 5
Nice use of leftover dosa batter. Nice clicks.
yummy dosa, inviting pictures.
Yummy!!!! Bookmarked the site…
so much can be done with left over batter! simply wow :)
And it’s been a wonderful week full of dosas..glad you did this week!
Ah..one of my favorite Rajani..:)..your presentation looks awesome!
looks yummy n perfectly done..nice idea of using dosa batter
Lovely use for the left over Rajini!!!!
Spicy Dosa!!!! Great way to use leftover batter!!!!
Nice way to use leftover.
Delicious looking dosa and I guess finally have been able to comment.
Yay, I am able to comment finally…Valli’s suggestion about logging in worked..
YUmmy looking dosa Rajani, like one dish platter of health…its the effort on the griddle that pays more than the grinding , so chin up about buying readymade dosas :)
loved the dosa series…Rajani. like the addition of onion and chillies.
very inviting pictures there!
Nice one Rajani. The pictures look awesome and very inviting. Looks like your home section shopping is after all paying off!!!