There are times when you totally forget about the great things you have had in the past. This recipe is one of those.
This absolutely yummy biryani was devoured without a single spoon being left over, yet it is sitting in the drafts folder all forgotten for a really long time.
You can cap this one pot meal well with in 30 minutes. Serve it with plain yogurt and chips (like I did) or with a simple raita.
Source: Edible Garden
Serves : 2
- Basmati rice : 1 cup
- Mushrooms : 1 cup, chopped
- Tomatoes : 2, pureed
- Onion : 1. sliced
- Peas and Corn : handful, frozen variety
- Tomato ketchup : 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1.2 tsp
- Chilli Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Chole Masala/Biryani Masala/Garam Masala : 1.5 tsp
- Ghee : 1 tbsp
- Onion : 1
- Ginger : 1″ piece
- Garlic : 4-5
- Green Chilies : 3, or per taste
- Wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes. Microwave for 15 minutes (or till done) and keep aside.
- Wash the mushrooms thoroughly and chop the onions and prep the other vegetables. Grind the onion, ginger, garlic and chilies together. Feel free to add an inch long cinnamon stick, a couple of cloves and cardamom pods as well. I just don’t add these. Puree the tomatoes.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add the sliced onions and brown them. Once they change color, add the ground masala and saute until the raw smell goes off. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the pureed tomatoes, ketch up, spices and salt. Once they are done, take off the heat and mix gently with the cooked rice.
- Serve with yogurt or a simple raita.
Linked to :