Things in life may not work out the way you want it to. Sometimes things you have been planning for a really long time, might blow up right into your face in a totally unexpected manner. What do you do then? You cry over it for sometime, accept it and face it, and do whatever needs to be done.
Like this Sweet Corn Stuffed buns here in the below picture.
I tried my best. I failed miserably. The buns didn’t rise, the filling was less, they were chewy. So I cried for sometime, then made some sandwiches with whole wheat bread and the sweet corn filling I had prepared.
So the bun recipe is in the ‘try again’ list, but these sandwiches really made up for the disappointment.
For this month’s Magic Mingle, the chosen ingredients were Corn and Whole Wheat. So after confusing myself with a hundred corn based recipes, I finally decided on baby corn pizza. But then I couldn’t get my hands on baby corn last week. Then I decided upon sprouted wheat and sweet corn salad. But then again, I didn’t have the patience to start the sprouts. Finally I chose the stuffed buns and then didn’t have any luck with it. I have never had much luck with baking bread! Anyway, there was a packet of whole wheat bread to help me get over my disappointment and to finish off the corn filling I had prepared.
- Whole wheat bread : 4 slices
- Onions : 1 small, chopped
- Tomato Puree : 2 tbsp (or one small tomato pureed)
- Corn : 1 cup
- Chaat Masala : 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Salt : as required
- Oil : 1-2 tsp
For the filling,
- Heat a tsp of oil and saute the onions till pink. Add the frozen/cooked corn, tomato puree and the powders. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring in between.
- Check and adjust the seasonings. Make sandwiches using this as filling.
- Magic Mingle 3, the magic ingredients are Corn and Whole Wheat.
- Dish It Out, for this month’s theme : Burgers/Sandwiches
- Let’s Cook Speedy Snacks
- Bon Vivant Moments : Savory Items