My husband is not a fan of sweets.
Me and my friend used to tactfully position ourselves next to him, whenever sweets are being distributed. One look at us and he could make out that we were there specifically for the sweet in his hand, and not just happened to be around to spread some goodwill. He would generously give us his share and we would gobble down everything in one go.
We have been lucky in getting chocolates, cakes, burfis, rasgollas, gulab jamuns and almost all kind of sweets out of him. But never had any luck with brownies. Now, those are his favorite.
From the first time I baked brownies at home, hubby has been hooked to it. This is the only (baked or otherwise) item made by me, that he relishes and eats. I have tried many brownie recipes and been equally lucky with them all.
For the past sometime, I have been making ‘Best Brownies‘ from Hershey’s. So, I thought of starting the 11th edition of Blogging Marathon on a brownie note. Bake these and enjoy them, they are truly out of this world!
- Butter : 1/2 cup (1 stick/~115 g ), melted
- Sugar : 1 cup
- Eggs : 2
- Vanilla Extract : 1 tsp
- All Purpose Flour : 1/2 cup
- Cocoa Powder : 1/3 cup
- Baking Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Salt : 1/4 tsp
- Chopped Nuts : 1/2 cup (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F/ 180 C. Grease a 9″ square baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, vanilla and beaten eggs. Stir and combine well with a wooden spatula.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Stir in the nuts, if using.
- Spread the batter into the greased pan. Bake at 180 C for 20 to 25 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean.
- Cut into 8 big squares and enjoy. Here, I have baked a double batch which got over before I could even blink my eye!
- Blogging Marathon, under Holiday/Weekend specials.
- Bake Fest
Check out the Blogging Marathon page to see what’s cooking on other marathoners blogs.
21 thoughts on “Best Brownies”
These are the best. Tried them and loved them. Will post with a link.
Good to know Archana 👍🏼
yum yum ! looks delicious…
Wow Rajani, I agree it looks best!..:)..love brownies..Great to run the Marathon again!
They look sinfully delicious.
looks delicious…one thing I like to do when I make brownies is I also add some chocolate chips – they melt a little in the baking process and it makes decadently gooey brownies.
Yum yum, brownies looks absolutely divine.
Brownies look so inviting…
Thanks. Looks yummy.
When you say 1/2, could you share measurements in terms of gms? |||r to butter measurement?
they indeed look like best, crusty on the outside and soft and goey within, perfectly done.
wow…irresistable n drooooooooling brownies of yours..love it..
happy following you..:)
check out mine sometime..
wow!!!!!!!!!!!looks super inviting!!!!
Super delicious brownies, absolutely divine..