This salad is my savior on many a days when I feel tired (read: lazy) to cook up a whole meal. No, I cannot serve this to my ‘raw food hater’ husband or to my cute little bundle of terror, but its just perfect for me.
I came across this salad in a Rosemary Conley diet book, which was my guru for shedding kilos from my overweight body. I did loose a lot of weight, but didn’t bother to maintain and so here I am, back to where I started from!
Being a South Indian, I cannot imagine a meal without rice. At home, we have rice in some or the other form for all the three meals.
So a rice salad is a perfect way to satisfy the ‘rice craving’. Not to mention the intake of good amount of vegetables and most importantly, not having to cook for the day!
- Cooked Basmati Rice : 1/4 -1/2 cup
- Onion : 1 small, chopped fine
- Carrot : 1 small, chopped fine
- Bell Pepper : 1 small, chopped fine
- Cucumber : 1/2 of a small one, chopped fine
- Tomato : 1 small, chopped fine
- Sweet Corn, Peas : a handful
- Soya sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the vegetables into small pieces of roughly the same size.
- Put them in a big bowl, along with the cooked rice. Add soya sauce and seasonings according to your taste.
- Combine everything together, gently, with the help of two forks. Keep aside for 15 minutes for the flavors to blend and serve after heating in the MW for a minute. It tastes good on its own.
- Blogging Marathon (under Soups and Salads theme)
- Soups and Salads Mela
- Rainbow Colors
10 thoughts on “Rice Salad”
yummy combination I like the addition of soya sauce deliciously done thank you for linking it to the food palette rainbow colours
That is an interesting and unique salad
Oh so colorful! Extremely tempting!
Salad looks so colourful…
I bet it’s filling to the core ! Perfect colour and combo.
Cool salad Rajani. I also make a version of rice salad, which I had planned to post during this marathon, but am glad to see your version which is always good to have. Your salad looks very beautiful
Very colourful and new..must be very healthy!
That is an interesting blend for sure!
colorful, flavorful and exciting salad :) If it can be made with pasta, why not with rice – mouth watering Rajani :)
Wow excellent,super catchy and colourful..