Hubby was working late this entire week and he is at the office this weekend too. So I am taking life easy, with no or little cooking at home. If kiddo was not at home, I would have survived the week solely on chocolate biscuits and chips! But since that is not an option (sigh!), I made these Missi rotis than give the dinner a miss.
I saw the recipe here and gave it a try. The roti was like eating an onion bajji. It tasted absolutely fantastic.
Now I know what to do with the extra bag of Besan sitting inside the pantry!
- Wheat Flour : 1 1/2 cups
- Gram Flour (Besan) : 1 cup
- Onion : 1 small, chopped fine
- Green Chilli : 1-2, chopped fine
- Coriander leaves : 2 tbsp, chopped fine
- Kasoori Methi : 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder : 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds Powder : 1 tsp
- Chaat Masala : 1 tsp
- Water, to make the dough
- Ghee, as required
- Salt to taste
- Mix everything together, except water and ghee.
- Add water in 1/4 cupfuls and kneed to get a smooth chapati dough.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let the dough rest for 15 minutes (at least).
- Take a small ball of dough, dust with flour and roll out into a 5″-6″ circle.
- Heat a tawa and cook the roti for a minute. Flip over and cook the other side too.
- Take off the tawa, spread ghee on top.
- Serve with yogurt and pickle (if you are lazy, like me, to cook a side dish)