Bebo’s reaction to soya chunks are worth watching. He closes his eyes, rubs his tummy and says ‘MMmmmm…’. No idea where he learnt that from!!
I like soya in a hot spicy gravy, where in it can absorb all the flavors and taste really yummy, but Bebo prefers everything on the milder side. So this easy-peasy milk-based mild curry that features now and then in our menu for the kiddo’s sake.
This is adapted from one of Nita Mehta’s cookery books.
- Soya Nutri-Nuggets : 50 gm, about 1-2 cups (dry weight)
- Hot Milk : 1 cup
- Tomatoes : 2 big, pureed
- Green Peas : 1/2 cup, frozen
- Chili Powder and Salt : 1 tsp each, or per taste
- Wash the dry soya chunks and soak them in hot milk for at least an hour.
- Puree the tomatoes. Heat a big pan and add the tomato puree. Add salt and chili powder.
- Add the frozen peas and cook for a minute.
- Add the soya chunks along with the milk. Cook till the gravy is slightly thick.
- Check the seasonings and adjust accordingly. Serve hot with chapatis or puris.
The original recipe had lemon juice, garam masala, 1″ cinnamon & 2 cardamoms, but I always skip them.
Increase the spice level for adults.
Check out this page to see what other fellow bloggers have cooked up!
- Blogging Marathon, Category : ‘Cooking with 5 ingredients or less’.
- Any One Can Cook
15 thoughts on “Mild Soya Nugget Curry”
Soya Nutri-Nuggets for me is the best substitute for meat, I am looking for tofu recipe until I read this post…interesting and easy to prepare.
That’s a simple and delicious dish with soy chunks..
Simple and healthy dish.
wow, that looks simple and easy and as you said less spicy for anyone.
Looks super delicious. First time here and you have an awesome space.
I dont eat soya nuggets but husband loves it.. should try it once .. the background to ur click is also great !
Interesting! I haven’t tried cooking soya nuggets ..
Very interesting dish!..nice to know abt your kid’s reaction..:)
Soaking nuggets in milk sounds interesting. Good one.
Excellent curry, i can have it even as sandwich with some toasted bread slices,highly nutritious..
Great photos! I’ve never tried soya nuggets as an ingredient. I’m not sure if we would get them here. But definitely looks kid friendly.
simple but looks yumm
Love soya nuggets .. looks yummy.
Check out my 100th post giveaway.
Current Event: Herbs and Flowers – Garlic
Soya nuggets are healthy and this recipe looks very simple and nice.
this is a very good one! My kids think is chicken if I put it in gravy and I let them think that way!…love it! :)