Bebo’s reaction to soya chunks are worth watching. He closes his eyes, rubs his tummy and says ‘MMmmmm…’. No idea where he learnt that from!!
I like soya in a hot spicy gravy, where in it can absorb all the flavors and taste really yummy, but Bebo prefers everything on the milder side. So this easy-peasy milk-based mild curry that features now and then in our menu for the kiddo’s sake.
This is adapted from one of Nita Mehta’s cookery books.
- Soya Nutri-Nuggets : 50 gm, about 1-2 cups (dry weight)
- Hot Milk : 1 cup
- Tomatoes : 2 big, pureed
- Green Peas : 1/2 cup, frozen
- Chili Powder and Salt : 1 tsp each, or per taste
- Wash the dry soya chunks and soak them in hot milk for at least an hour.
- Puree the tomatoes. Heat a big pan and add the tomato puree. Add salt and chili powder.
- Add the frozen peas and cook for a minute.
- Add the soya chunks along with the milk. Cook till the gravy is slightly thick.
- Check the seasonings and adjust accordingly. Serve hot with chapatis or puris.