I am up for quite a challenge this time. I am not talking about getting up early in the morning, I am talking about the Blogging Marathon. I am all ready for the seven day blogging sprint – the menu is planned, cooking has been started, photos are being taken and write ups are being drafted. All that is left is, upload and publish.
Now, that’s where I take the hit. The internet, my holy guru for everything, is pretty slow for the past some days. It will be slow till this month end, it seems. I have to wait forever for the pages and the pictures to load, which drives me crazy. So I don’t come near the laptop as much as I used to. I am sure I will start showing withdrawal symptoms in a while if this continues!
Anyway, back to the event. Blogging Marathon is about seven continuous days of blogging, about the theme you have chosen from the list provided. I was born lazy and I plan to maintain it that way. So anything that makes my life easy, catches my attention fast. So I chose ‘Cooking with 5 ingredients or less’.
The first entry for the event is the sinfully tasty Dulce De Leche. This is something I am addicted to. All you need is a can of condensed milk and a pressure cooker. Its simple, easy and over in 30 minutes flat.
Enjoy the gooey goodness!
- One can of 400 gm Condensed Milk
- Clean your pressure cooker and keep the condensed milk can inside. I make it lie down. Remove plastic cap or paper wrap, if any, from the can. I have a 5L cooker and I can cook two cans comfortably in it.
- Fill the cooker with water until the can is completely immersed in water. There should at least be 3″ of water above the can.
- Switch on the heat and wait for the first whistle. Lower the heat and cook in low heat for 20 -30 minutes after the first whistle.
- About 20 minutes on low heat (after the first whistle) will give you a not too thick Dulce De Leche, where as 30 minutes will give you one with thick consistency. Either way its yummy!
- Once the pressure drops, take out the can and let it cool completely before opening it.
Note: I use pressure cooker in my everyday cooking. So I am quite used to it. If you are not familiar or comfortable using a cooker, then please don’t try this method.