There was a phase in my life when I would browse the internet/cookery books/ news papers for recipes (that phase is not over yet) and would note down the recipes I would like to try(the writing down phase is definitely over). I would try the recipe when I get some time and then would note down the result (whether its worth the time and effort). This is one of the recipes that I had noted down in my now weathered notebook. It is very light and very yummy.
This recipe uses oil instead of butter. Using oil means I don’t have to take the hand mixer out :D. This recipe is a breeze to make and the end result is great. The raisins inside the cupcake are like hidden sweet surprises.
All purpose flour : 2 cups
Sugar : 1/2 cup
Oats : 1/2 cup
Raisins : 1/2 cup or less
Baking powder : 3 tsp
Salt : a pinch
Egg : 1, beaten
Oil : 1/2 cup
Milk : 1 cup
Vanilla Extract : 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven at 190 C.
- Mix the all purpose flour, sugar, oats, raisins, baking powder and salt together.
- Beat the eggs lightly in a separate pan, add the oil, milk and vanilla extract to it.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together. Make sure there aren’t any lumps of flour.
- Add tablespoonfuls of milk in case the batter is very thick.
- Bake at 190 C in a muffin pan for 15 min or until a skewer comes free.
This batter makes about 20 small cupcakes
This is not a very sweet cupcake. Add some more sugar or increase the raisins if you want it to be sweeter.
2 thoughts on “Oats and Raisin cupcakes”
haha. nice recipe